Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

 Prompt Response: One thing that makes me different from other people is that I don't usually procrastinate a lot. While I do not consider myself to be a really bad procrastinator, I do think I have gotten slightly worse over time about procrastinating my school work and other things that I try to avoid doing simply because I do not want to. However, when I was in elementary school and middle school, I almost never procrastinated. During that time, whenever I got home from school I would immediately get all of my homework done so that I could spend the rest of my time relaxing. Nowadays I procrastinate a little bit more than I used to, as I now have a lot more work and I typically do not have the energy to get all of it done as soon as I get home, yet I still think I keep my procrastination under more control than other people do.

Summary and Reflection: In class today, we took a quiz. The quiz consisted of reading two different passages, and then answering some multiple choice questions and a single written response question about the passages. The questions asked about the main argument or idea of the passages, and asked about the purpose of some phrases that were used in the passages and what they signified. This was important as it allowed us to look at and understand how to interpret some questions we might see on our AP exam in May. Additionally, I got a better sense of how to analyze an author’s argument and the evidence they use to support that argument.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about an argument or disagreement that you wish you could have handled differently. What happened, what was your goal, and what would you do differently now? Use at least one idea from Chapters 1–3 of Thank You for Arguing in your response.

Prompt: After reviewing the feedback on your argument essay, identify one thing you did well and one area you need to improve. Explain what you will do differently the next time you write an AP Lang argument essay.

Prompt: Think about a time when you exaggerated something to make a point, tell a story, or get someone’s attention. What happened? What did you say? Why did you exaggerate? Looking back, do you think your exaggeration made your message more effective? Explain.