Describe something you will never fully understand.
Prompt Response: Something I will never understand is the way that school systems are set up. There are some classes that are taught in school that I definitely do believe should be required, such as an English class or any language class, and I do think that it is important for students to learn math, however I also believe that a lot of the math that is taught in school is not necessarily very important for success in the future. In my opinion this is true of many classes that are taught in school, including social studies classes. I think that schools should focus more on preparing their students for the future and providing classes that will teach them the skills that they will absolutely need in the future, such as a financial literacy class or a class about learning how to cook. I understand that some schools offer such classes as electives, however I believe they would be much more beneficial to students if they were taught as core classes that were required.
Summary and Reflection: Today in class we learned about the different categories and types of evidence, and how we can use those certain types of evidence based on the claims that we are trying to make in an argument. After taking notes, we practiced creating a claim and listing out several different pieces of evidence we could use to support that claim. The information that I obtained from class today is very valuable as I will need to be able to use it in the future whenever I am creating an argumentative piece of writing. It is also valuable as it allows me to get a better understanding of certain situations and which type of evidence should be used in them, which is essential for creating strong arguments.
Comments
Post a Comment