Prompt: Describe a time you felt completely lost.

 Prompt Response: A time where I felt completely lost was when I had four AP exams to take last year and I was not sure what would be the best way to study efficiently for all four exams in a timely manner. Previously, I had only ever taken one AP exam, so at the time I did not have a very sturdy study schedule. While I did score a 5 on the first ever AP exam that I took my freshman year, I did not believe that the study method I used that year would work as well studying for 4 separate AP exams my sophomore year. Eventually I found a study method that worked best for me, however it took time for me to find a rthym and study effectively for all of my exams. I think what I should have done was first find all of the resources I was going to utilize to study for each of my four AP exams, and then create a study schedule for which days and for how long I would study for each exam.

Summary and Reflection: Today in class, we constructed several claims of value based on various topics we were given, such as the value of playing video games and the importance of social media for modern friendships. Something important that I learned in class was how to identify a claim of fact, and how to differentiate a claim of fact compared to a statement that cannot be argued. The information that I acquired from class is critical as I could potentially use it in the future for constructing an argument, or I could even use it if I am debating someone or having an argument with someone and I am trying to identify the flaws in their claims.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about an argument or disagreement that you wish you could have handled differently. What happened, what was your goal, and what would you do differently now? Use at least one idea from Chapters 1–3 of Thank You for Arguing in your response.

Prompt: After reviewing the feedback on your argument essay, identify one thing you did well and one area you need to improve. Explain what you will do differently the next time you write an AP Lang argument essay.

Prompt: Think about a time when you exaggerated something to make a point, tell a story, or get someone’s attention. What happened? What did you say? Why did you exaggerate? Looking back, do you think your exaggeration made your message more effective? Explain.