Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become a part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.
Prompt Response: I think that the word I find myself using the most right now is the word “niche.” Niche can function as a verb, noun, or even an adjective. The term basically refers to a concept or something that appeals to a small or specific group of people. I would say that the term “niche” has become a typical part of my everyday vocabulary as my friends use the term a lot around me, which I believe has influenced me to use the term more. I typically use the term whenever I am conversing with my friends or someone who I know really well, so I suppose the way that I incorporate this term into everyday conversations could reveal some of my less common interests or hobbies.
Summary and Reflection: Today in class, we studied various uncommon vocabulary words that do not typically come up in conversations or writing pieces. By doing this, I was able to learn the definitions of several words and how they can be used in writing. The information that I obtained by learning about each word is very important as it helps to build my overall vocabulary and it allowed me to fit different words into context. Additionally, the words we studied could potentially appear in a writing prompt in the future, making them very important to comprehend and understand.
Comments
Post a Comment