Which learning method do you enjoy the most? Class discussions, worksheet work, or hands-on activities. Select one and tell why.
Prompt Response: I think out of class discussions, worksheet work, or hands-on activities I would prefer worksheet work. While I do find class discussions to be somewhat beneficial as I can hear my classmates’ opinions and ideas on various topics, I prefer to complete worksheet assignments that reflect the lesson that I was taught in class. I find it very helpful for me to have example questions or problems to solve on a worksheet after learning a certain issue, as I feel like those problem-solving questions allow me to test my knowledge and help ensure that I understand everything that I was taught. Although I do believe that worksheet work is more valuable to me, I do also appreciate participating in hands-on activities. I enjoy the experiences that I can gain and the first-hand knowledge that I can observe by participating in hands-on activities, however I still maintain that worksheet work is much more beneficial for me personally, as I feel like I can easily identify the topics that I don’t understand within a lesson and the topics that I do understand.
Summary and Reflection: In class today, we continued with our practice of creating claims and then coming up with evidence to support those claims. This helped me understand how certain pieces of evidence should be used and how they should also not be used, as there are some situations in which the evidence would not directly support a claim, or it could support it however it may be supporting it in the wrong context. The practice of creating claims and finding evidence to support those claims is an essential skill, particularly for the course of AP Lang as it is absolutely required for the class to be able to construct a strong argument in order to pass the AP exam and do well in the class. Additionally, this skill is essential for any time you are attempting to construct an argument, as a well written argument must contain robust evidence that directly supports all of the claims made in the argument.
Comments
Post a Comment