With 4.5-week grades posting on September 2, reflect on your experience in AP Language so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?

 Prompt Response: I think that so far everything that we have learned and put into practice has been going well for me. I find it fairly easy overall to create claims for different arguments and different situations. While I feel as though I am excelling at forming claims, I believe that it has been challenging for me to come up with the right evidence to support those claims. When creating claims, I find it relatively easy to think about various examples of evidence that I could potentially use to support the claims that I have created, however I struggle with ensuring that the evidence would both properly and directly support the evidence. Considering this, I think that I need to improve my ability to select proper evidence for certain situations and claims.

Summary and Reflection:  In class on August 28th, we practiced writing an argumentative paragraph. This allowed me to practice the construction of a cohesive paragraph, as well as practice connecting my evidence back to the overarching claim. This practice was greatly beneficial for me, as it helped me with getting more comfortable when it comes to writing argumentative pieces in short amounts of time. Additionally, it allowed me to see and experience the exact ways that I should be connecting my evidence and my claim, as well as the explanation of evidence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about an argument or disagreement that you wish you could have handled differently. What happened, what was your goal, and what would you do differently now? Use at least one idea from Chapters 1–3 of Thank You for Arguing in your response.

Prompt: After reviewing the feedback on your argument essay, identify one thing you did well and one area you need to improve. Explain what you will do differently the next time you write an AP Lang argument essay.

Prompt: Think about a time when you exaggerated something to make a point, tell a story, or get someone’s attention. What happened? What did you say? Why did you exaggerate? Looking back, do you think your exaggeration made your message more effective? Explain.