Prompt: Select the vocabulary word from today that you think will be most useful to you in the future. Explain what the word means in your own words and describe a situation in which you could realistically use it.

 Prompt Response: The vocabulary word that I think will be most useful to me in the future is the word “relegate.” Essentially this word describes assigning a certain thing. I could potentially incorporate this word into my writing if I am given a prompt that requires me to describe a certain event or activity that occurred. For example, I could explain how certain roles or positions for an event were relegated to specific people. Overall I think this term is most useful to me as I find it easy to remember what exactly the word means, which will allow me to more easily use the word in a realistic situation.

Summary and Reflection: In class on September 21st, we analyzed several new vocabulary words. To ensure that we efficiently learned the complex terms, we wrote down the terms along with their definitions in our notebooks, and we completed several activities that allowed us to differentiate between the vocabulary words. I found this activity to be very helpful, as I was able to learn new, complex vocabulary terms and I was able to practice situating each term in different contexts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about an argument or disagreement that you wish you could have handled differently. What happened, what was your goal, and what would you do differently now? Use at least one idea from Chapters 1–3 of Thank You for Arguing in your response.

Prompt: After reviewing the feedback on your argument essay, identify one thing you did well and one area you need to improve. Explain what you will do differently the next time you write an AP Lang argument essay.

Prompt: Think about a time when you exaggerated something to make a point, tell a story, or get someone’s attention. What happened? What did you say? Why did you exaggerate? Looking back, do you think your exaggeration made your message more effective? Explain.