Prompt: Some students look at a tunic only after receiving their grade, while others use it as a guide while completing the assignment. Which approach do you usually take? After reviewing the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric today, explain how you could use the rubric as a roadmap to improve your argument writing.
Prompt Response: I usually review the rubrics that I receive for assignments in advance before I actually begin working on the assignment. In this way, I’m able to get a better idea of what I need to do in order to do well on the assignment. I also try to check the rubric once I believe that I have completed the assignment, just to make sure that I didn’t forget to complete anything that was required on the rubric. After reviewing the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric, I could use the rubric as a roadmap by looking over each row and determining which one I will likely struggle with the most. By doing this, I will be able to target my weaknesses when constructing my essay to ensure that I can earn more points.
Summary and Reflection: In class on September 15th, we continued to read and analyze the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric. After reading over all three rows of the rubric, we looked over an essay prompt from 2019 and we practiced coming up with claims that we could support with evidence related to the prompt. This activity was very helpful and important for me, as it will make it easier for me to come up with ideas and topics that I could write my essay about on the actual AP exam.
Comments
Post a Comment