Think about a time when you completed an assignment without fully understanding what the teacher was looking for. How might knowing the “ins and outs” of a rubric change the way you approach an assignment? Connect your experience to what you learned today about the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric.
Prompt Response: A time when I completed an assignment without fully understanding what the teacher was looking for was when I had an APUSH project. While my teacher had given us instructions on what to do in class, I still hadn’t fully understood the instructions for the project. As a result, I only did half of the project correctly, and I had to correct the other half of my project. I think that looking for the “ins and outs” of a rubric could change the way you approach an assignment by giving you a better understanding of what exactly the assignment is asking you to do. By analyzing the AP Lang Essay rubric, I was able to get a better understanding of what exactly I needed to do in order to earn all 6 possible points on my essay.
Summary and Reflection: In class on September 14th, we discussed revising the paragraphs that we constructed in our groups. We also began to look over the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric. This was an important activity because it allowed me to review exactly what the rubric requires for scoring high on the argumentative essay.
Comments
Post a Comment