Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?
Prompt Response: I would say that the most challenging part of creating a clear line of reasoning for me is constructing a proper conclusion. In general, I have always found it difficult to conclude the statements that I make in my pieces of writing, such as in argumentative essays. As the conclusion to a paragraph should be no more than one sentence, I found it even more difficult to summarize my entire argument in a single sentence. While I found the construction of the conclusion to be very challenging, I also found it difficult to come up with solid evidence that would support my claim. As the evidence that is easiest to use for me in an argumentative piece of writing is observations and experiences, I found it difficult to think of any experiences that I had previously had that could be used as evidence in my paragraph.
Summary and Reflection: Today in class, we learned how to create a clear line of reasoning. Specifically, we learned the different parts that make up a good line of reasoning, and how they can be connected together through commentary. The information that I obtained from this lesson is extremely important and can be used in the future when I am asked to construct an argumentative essay in the AP Lang exam.
Comments
Post a Comment