Write about a fear you have overcome.

Prompt Response: A fear that I have greatly overcome is public speaking. Throughout elementary school and middle school, I would dread completing assignments that involved a presentation. Even in my freshman year of high school I despised having to do presentations as I always felt quite nervous to speak in front of a large crowd. However, after taking AP Seminar my sophomore year of high school, I was able to get more practice with public speaking, as part of the AP exam involved presentations. After having that experience, I have become much more comfortable with public speaking, though I still get slightly nervous whenever I know that I am about to present in front of a crowd.

Summary and Reflection: Today in class, we were unable to do any assignments as we had to take our yearbook pictures. However, we did look over the feedback we received on our quiz in AP classroom to observe the questions we got incorrect and how we could have improved our written responses. This was very helpful for me as it allowed me to get a better understanding of why I lost points on the quiz, and I believe the feedback will be very helpful for me in the future when I will have to construct another written responses to a question.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about an argument or disagreement that you wish you could have handled differently. What happened, what was your goal, and what would you do differently now? Use at least one idea from Chapters 1–3 of Thank You for Arguing in your response.

Prompt: After reviewing the feedback on your argument essay, identify one thing you did well and one area you need to improve. Explain what you will do differently the next time you write an AP Lang argument essay.

Prompt: Think about a time when you exaggerated something to make a point, tell a story, or get someone’s attention. What happened? What did you say? Why did you exaggerate? Looking back, do you think your exaggeration made your message more effective? Explain.